Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Alice Springs

At Alice Springs we stayed at a great caravan park with a big jumping cushion. We stayed there for four nights because we had been driving lots and it was time for a rest, plus I love jumping cushions. Every morning when I woke up I would go straight to the cushion to meet my friends. One morning we went for a walk to get pancakes but the queue was too long so we went back to the van and on the way all my friends waved and mum and Sophie realised how many friends I had. I love making friends at each new place but I don’t like having to say goodbye.
Jesse
Sweet sunset pretty much every night.

We went west down the Macdonnel ranges and checked out a bunch of gorges. This one at Serpentine gorge we went for a climb until mum freaked out and we had to come down.


Alice Springs Beanie Festival
We were lucky enough to arrive in Alice on the weekend of the annual ‘Beanie Festival’. So that night we all went and had a great time with all the singing and dancing . They also had a presentation which they modelled the beanies made with entries all around the world and announced the winners. There were amazing designs. Here we were thinking it was a nice warm night and the locals were wearing jumpers and eating soup and casseroles thinking this is the start of winter .
By Sophie


This is Ormiston gorge. Here we watched a dingo pull a fish out of the water. Dad was too slow with the camera.


I also had a camel ride which was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment