Sunday, July 26, 2009

Middle Lagoon

After staying in Cape Leveque for 2 nights we drove south 100 kms to Middle Lagoon, where we stayed for another two nights in a beach hut.



The beach hut was placed about 4 to 5 meters from the water!



We decided the hut was so enclosed that we ditched the tent and slept in the hut with our blow up mattresses and sheets.



It didn’t long for as all to fall in love with middle lagoon, it was heaven!

The next day we got in our bathers and got out snorkels and we snorkelled around this huge rock pool. It was so big and deep I spotted a string-ray wedged between a rock but it didn’t hang around for long when it heard be scream and swim (very quickly) to the nearest sand bank. I wasn’t really all that keen to get back in the water after that.



2 nights quickly passed and we had to leave middle lagoon and go back and pick up the caravan. I think we all wanted to stay longer, it was just amazing!



By Grace

2 comments:

  1. Your trip seems to get more amazing each week. The whale looks awesome!! Jesse, you are so brave! I don't think I would have been anywhere near those huge crabs until they were safely cooking on that campfire. You look like you are all in absolute heaven!!
    Georgia, Mathew, Ella and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halls', thank you for a wonderful read this evening! First time I'd look at your blog and read it from start to finish. Didn't feel like I was in my lounge room anymore! Sounds perfect, the whole lot. Rethinking our honeymoon - maybe just stay in Oz?
    Missing you! Bron. xoxox

    ReplyDelete